Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Meet the Mets- David Wright's new helmet




Ever since I was a kid, I've been a Yankee fan. This all started many years ago when I was 5 and my dad took me to a ballgame at my request for my birthday. This was in April of 1969 and we went to a Mets game and the Mets went on to lose to the Cubs. I was very upset with the team for loosing on my birthday. How dare they. And being the stubborn kid that I was, I went on to devote my anger at them all in vain as the Mets became the Miracle Mets and won their first World Series.

The Yankees stunk back then. But I always did seem to gravitate towards rooting for the underdog in my life. How was I supposed to know that this was just a lull and that the team I picked was before and would someday become again the proud winners that the Yankees almost always are.

Since my childhood I have continued to root for the Yankees despite there defence of my usual "underdog" criteria for a team that I root for. But usually I am grateful for my "mistake" back then that got me onto the band wagon while it was in the repair shop.

Anyway- I always sort of love the Mets in a funny way. In 1986 I totally embraced that team and loved the way that they won the World Series (through the legs of Bill Buckner and the Red Sox).
I have also loved the way that the Mets lose. The wheels seem to always come off and it is almost comical when this happens. This year has been a sad joke because there is nothing funny about everyone on the team getting hurt. Until now of course. Met 3rd Baseman David Wright got hit in the head with a pitch last month, and went on the DL for the first time in his career. Last night he returned to the line up. But the Mets were not going to take any chances at him getting hit in the head again. So they provided him with a special batting helmet to insure that if he does get hit again, there will be a maximum of protection.
Hmmm....to me it just seem like a much bigger target.
But sometimes being a target is what the New York Mets seem to do best....
DK

1 comment:

Williams said...

Investment Plans Online Investments and Saving Systematic. leading Investment Company in India. ICICI Bank offers variety of investment products likes Mutual funds investments, gold investments. About Senior Citizens Savings Scheme. Gold Investment Stocks? Gold Investment Stock and Bullion. Gold Investment Stock and Bullion Prices Blog. Must See: Wall Street?s "Inconvenient Truth" February 28, 2012 Uncategorized 1 comment. South African Solid Gold Corporation San Jose California. South African Solid Gold Corporation referenced in scam and. FROM THE DESK OF: ABSA BANK OF SOUTH AFRICA.SANDTON. African Solid Gold Corporation, Sovereign Investment. Gladstone Investment Corporation Investor Relations Overview. Gladstone Investment Corporation (NASDAQ: GAIN) is a publicly traded buyout fund that seeks to make debt and equity investments in small and mid sized businesses in. As the forex market is very fast moving market, so there are chances that the prices may move between your order and execution time, which is then compensated by you or your broker in the form of requotes. The high liquidity in the FOREX market is due to the enormous volume of transactions generated by the primary market called the interbank market where banks, large financial institutions, insurance companies and other large corporations deal with each other in huge quantities to manage their own currency risks.